Monday, May 11, 2009

Fault Line: A Novel by Barry Eisler

Fault Line was the first, but definitely won’t be the last, novel I read by Barry Eisler. I was glad to find out that one of his other works (Rain Fall) was made into a movie. Hopefully this one will too. It has a lot of action, suspense, and drama.

Without giving the whole story away, it takes place in San Jose, CA, otherwise known as Silicon Valley, and it’s about a guy (computer nerd) who invents a software program. The only problem is that there are some dangerous people willing to go to any lengths, and killing is no exception, in order to make sure this program does not reach the market.

What I liked most was how the characters, from early on, got built up. This allowed me to conjure up an image in my mind of what each character is like. The language was very descriptive and was almost as though I had a movie running through my head. I can honestly say that this is one of the few books that I have been able to finish reading in a couple of days. It’s one of those books that you want to finish in one sitting.