Thursday, May 28, 2009

Making Light of Being Heavy by Kandy Siahaya

This book, Making Light of Being Heavy, by Kandy Siahaya, is about being heavy, or in other words…fat. I have to admit that there were times when I was laughing out loud. The author has a funny sense of humor and you should have one too to enjoy the book.

There are many different aspects to being overweight and I’m glad that Kandy touched on many of them. For example, have you ever considered that the reason you are heavy might have to do with your genes? If this is the case, you’ll be glad to know, and maybe even a little bit easier on yourself, the next time you open the refrigerator or step onto the treadmill...quit beating yourself up for being a little overweight!

One thing I was quite surprised to learn, and hadn’t really given much thought to, is that eating healthy can become quite expensive. Kandy provided a list of different food items and was able to point out how eating healthy might cost a bit more when compared to buying foods that are not as healthy. You might be wondering why that would be the case…and even come to think of it as strange. Well, believe me…I was thinking the exact same thing. If unhealthy junk-food is cheaper that might, just might, be one factor as to why there are so many obese people.

3 comments:

Kandy said...

Thank you so much Ignacio for taking the time to read Making Light of Being Heavy and giving a review. I am happy to hear you found the book information as well as funny!!!

Kandy said...

Oops...sometimes my fingers go too fast, I meant informative. Thanks again!!

PENNY STOCK INVESTMENTS said...

Its not a bad thingto be overweight.